We met at an audition for a theatrical production in San Francisco in 1988. We both were cast, and the rest is hysterical. Later that year, we formed our own theatrical troupe a non-profit 501(c)3, and in 1992 we got a call that set the wheels in motion. “Would we be interested in working fulltime as professional actors?” The answer was an emphatic yes! Five months later we put a show together, sold everything, bought a clunker of an RV, buckled in our 18 month old toddler and hit the road for uncharted territory. We didn’t realize this would become our lifestyle.
Back then there were no cell phones, no GPS, and the Internet was in its infancy. If you wanted to get somewhere you pulled out a paper map and asked for directions from at least three people, then crossed your fingers and hoped you got there.
Our son grew up on wheels, and maybe someday we will too. But for now we’re having too much fun. Having toured all over the U.S. many times over, we’re always on the lookout for new discoveries, new challenges, new adventures. And new ways to inspire others to put more oomph into their lives.
- plays a mean baritone ukulele
- writer, poet, playwright, composer
- loves to cook, never uses a recipe
- practices tai chi and shaolin
- loves history, linguistics and philosophy
- always notices other people who are southpaws too
- practices Ashtanga yoga
- haunting enthusiast
- eager to jump out of an airplane
- can sleep in a hammock
- fledgling photographer / videographer